From US & Canada: 1-866-387-6678
From Mexico: 01-800-225-8383
International: +52 (998) 849-4911
Sailfish Snorkeling Tour
Swim and snorkel with the Sailfish as they are hunting after huge shoals of sardines. Along side the sailfish, we have big chances of meeting dolphins, false killer whales, silky sharks as well as pelagic fish.
An annual migration of sardines occurs from December to March in the Mexican Caribbean that attracts the sailfish which is the fastest fish in the ocean, they hunt in a very organized way, same as mammals. This event is unique all around the globe.
We depart at 7:00 am from the marine located in Cancun's hotel zone km 9.5 next to Hotel Dreams Cancun. The group on board of the boat has a maximum of 10 people, beverages and a light lunch are included.
Once on high seas we will be on the search of birds feeding on the surface, once these birds have been found, the participants will be entering to the water on small groups that will take turns during the excursion.
06:45 am: Coffee break and reception in the marina. Fill out the snorkeling application and chose the diving equipment.
07:00 am: Informative briefing, Departure
08:00 - 09:00 am: Arrival to the Sail Fish area. We gear up and jump in the water two at a time with one guide: You will get as close to animals as you want along as you don’t interfere with their natural behavior.
02:00 pm: Return.
- Certified guides.
- Insurance boat.
- Snorkeling wear (mask, fins, lifejacket, snorkel tube)
- Lunch (baguette, fruit, soft drink, water, juice)
- Double outboard speedboats
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This expedition operates daily only From January 1 to March 20
- 10 people max per boat
- We do not accept children under 5 years
- Not recommended for people sensible to stun in boats
- It is not allowed to participate to people with asthma, sinusitis, epilepsy, high blood pressure or low.
- Participants must be good swimmers.
- A Swimsuit under light cotton clothing
- A hat or cap
- Ecological sun block
- Tennis shoes
- Cancellations made 48 hrs before = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs before = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs before = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hrs before = no refund.
- No show = no refund
Phone number: +52 (998) 849-4911
Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 3.5, Centro Empresarial Nautilus Local 5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun
© 2015 Cancun Adventure Tours | Cancun, Mexico