Reasons to visit Cancun in 2020 and tips to keep safe
Now that Cancun has reopened you are probably itching to visit but you might still have some doubts given the world’s current situation. Don’t fret, that is normal! but rest assured because Cancún and the Riviera Maya are one of the best and safest destinations to visit now and here we’re telling you why.
There are plenty of reasons to come here; our incredible theme parks and other world-class attractions, our famous beaches or the spectacular resorts. However these following reasons are the ones that make it even more worth it now:
- The state of Quintana Roo was able to control the spread of Covid-19 early on and keep the number of cases in the state low.
- Cancun’s International Airport is very well connected. If you are in the USA or Mexico it will be really easy for you to find direct flights, even from some European countries! This will help you avoid layovers in multiple airports.
- To be able to reopen for business, tourist service providers have to obtain sanitary certifications with the government to guarantee that they are ready to reopen safely.
- The resorts, parks, and many other attractions of the Mexican Caribbean are outdoors and in big open areas so it will be easy for you to maintain a healthy distance from other guests.
- Because despite Covid-19 Cancun still is an incredible paradise always worth visiting.
Now that you are ready to visit us here are some tips so you can best plan your trip and make these some excellent and safe vacations.
- Verify the reopening date of the resort you want to visit. Not all resorts have reopened and not all are reopening at the same time.
- Book your tours and attractions online to avoid queues in crowds at ticket booths.
- Make sure you always have your smartphone with you and always charged, if possible bring a charger or external battery. In this new reality our dependence on these devices has had to increase even more; you will need your phones to access restaurant menus, notifications and to carry your E-tickets for most attractions.
- Book private tours when possible to avoid buses and shared vehicles.
- If you get to the attractions early in the day you can beat the crowds.
- Be patient with the social distancing measures implemented; it is a new reality we are all having to adapt to and while you might feel the effects of it be patient and do not allow this to spoil the fun.
- When you are flying back home double check what terminal your flight will be leaving from. Cancun’s airport has 4 different terminals usually assigned to specific airlines and destinations, however this has been in flux due to the changes in flight and continues to change.
- Have the following link at hand: https://guestassist.mx/portal/en/ this is the state’s Tourist Assist website where you can find useful information and assistance.
See you soon!