Explore one of the beautiful landscapes offered by the Yucatan península.
In this excursion we will take you to Las Coloradas, a set of pink lagoons located in Rio Lagartos, where you will enjoy a boat ride through the mangrove area, nest of a variety of birds and marine species, including the popular pink flamingos.
Las Coloradas is located within the biosphere of Lagartos River in the Yucatan Peninsula, 250 km from Merida and 150 km from Cancun. Is a small fishing village of approximately 1000 inhabitants characterized by having the largest salt mine in Mexico.
Las Coloradas spectacular pink color is due to its high concentration of salt, microorganisms and the sun. It´s intensity varies depending on the position of the sun rays allowing us to admire a range of colors from yellow and orange to the pink color that characterizes it.
Your tour will start the adventure in Valladolid, where you can walk and admire the small town and you will delight yourself with a delicious traditional breakfast with a beautiful view to the garden.
To continue we will take you to Las Coloradas, where you will be able to admire this beautiful landscape and be part of this colorful scenery, the perfect moment to capture one of your best photos in this paradisiacal place.
We will start the road to Lagartos river where you can give yourself a clay exfoliation and boat ride this mangrove that has been home to beautiful species such as fish, reptiles, and birds such as the popular pink flamingos of the Caribbean or red flamingo like they are known.
At the end of the boat ride, its time to relax and prepare to enjoy a traditional meal in one of the cozy restaurants of the small fishing village of the town.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel
- Breakfast in Valladolid
- Visit to Las Coloradas (1.5 hours of activity)
- Tour in the Rio Lagartos Lagoon
- Food in local restaurant of Rio Lagartos
- Tips (optional)
- Photos and Video
- This tour requires minimum 6 participants to operate. Please verify availability before booking
- This tour is available on Thursdays
What to bring
- Comfortable lightweight clothing
- Water shoes
- Bathing suit and towel
- Use biodegradable sunscreen
- Cash for souvenirs, snacks and beverages
- Pick up is available in most of hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we do not have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available
Refunds and Cancellations:
- Cancellations made 48 hrs before = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs before = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs before = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hrs before = no refund.
- No show = no refund
Overall rating: (7 Reviews)