Enjoy a spectacular day on the caribbean sea sailing away from Cancun to Isla Mujeres
Get aboard of a wonderful catamaran and enjoy the best beach of the island, a private location with white sand, full of palm trees and natural eco-ambiance. Discover the underwater wonders of Isla Mujeres in one of the great reefs at the Caribbean.
Your tour will begin in the Cancun hotel zone. You will be greeted at the departure point for your day tour, where you will board the "Albatros".
The Albatros is a sail powered 70 foot catamaran and you will Sail Away to Isla Mujeres for an unforgettable day. The bar opens the moment you step on board and the fun begins.
10:00 to 11:00 am: Sail away to Isla Mujeres - time will depend on the winds on that particular day.
11:00 to 11:45 am: Snorkeling in the Marine Park "El Farito"
12:00 to 1:15 pm: Visit and shopping in the town of Isla Mujeres.
1:30 to 3:00 pm: Buffet Lunch
3:30 to 5:00 pm: Return sail to Cancun
GET UP & GO AND PLUS TOURS: Gypsy Breeze, capacity 47, New Wave, Capacity 40, Mar y Arena Capacity 40
PLATINUM TOUR: Bran new Lagoon Max Capacity 30 persons (3 cabins, shower and bathroom)
How to get to departure dock
Departure dock located at Temptation Resort Marina, K.m. 3.5 Kukulcan Blvd. Cancun Hotel Zone, it is very easy to get there either by taxi or public bus
- Snorkeling at the coral reef ( Brand New tube per person)
- Downtown Isla Mujeres (Shopping Tour or North beach )
- Delicious lunch buffet (salad bar, Make your own Taco (chicken, fajitas, fish) Rice, Pasta, Smash Potatoes, Steamed Vegetables, Beans, Fruits
- Beach Club Facilities at Isla Mujeres
- Open bar: Tequila, Rum, Vodka, Beer, Soft Drinks, Juice and Water) no cocktails.
- GET UP & GO TOUR: Domestic Open Bar ONLY ON BOARD
- PLUS AND PLATINUM TOURS: Domestic Open Bar ALL DAY LONG: (On board and at Beach club)
- Drinks are NOT included at the restaurant or Beach Club (GET UP & GO TOUR)
- Reef tax & Dock fee $15.00 usd each person
What to bring:
- Suntan lotion, a cover up, sunglasses and a hat.
- Extra cash for drinks at the restaurant and dock fee
- Snorkeling depending on weather conditions
- Spinnaker depending on weather conditions
- Children Age 4 and under no charge
- 5 to 11 years old pay kids rate
- This tour does not offer Cancun hotel zone pickup. You need to be at departure dock located at Temptation Resort Marina, K.m. 3.5 Kukulcan Blvd. Cancun Hotel Zone, it is very easy to get there either by taxi or public bus
Once on the boat, we had a blast. It was extremely difficult to find though. In fact, we almost missed it because our cab driver couldn't locate it.
For the cost (and added cost) of this tour, I truly expected more. From the time we were dropped off "at the marina" - which is a dock on the side of a hotel, we were mis-directed twice, waited in two extensive lines, and paid an additional "docking" fee (which yes, IS disclosed in the trip description,) which should be included in the trip price so as to alleviate the additional 45 minutes it took to check in upon arrival.
The timing of the tour itself seemed bizarre and mismanaged. We departed, cruised over to the private beach area for lunch (food was decent, facilities were fine, clean beach) but then departed, snorkeled in much too large of a group (whom, mind you had been enjoying open bar on the ride over and during out two hour stop on the island), and THEN were brought to the main area of Isla (dripping wet) to walk around/explore/whatever they wanted us to do, for an hour. It seemed like poor planning all around.
Upon our final arrival back to the "marina" we arrived nearly an hour after the anticipated time, and our arranged transportation was disorganized with no identification. We had to ask every tour operator if they were our designated ride only to be directed, once more, to another are.
For the time and money, I would recommend taking the ferry over to the island. If you're looking for a booze cruise, book sailing trip without stopping at the island and enjoy the open water rather than waste your day being toted from one disorganized activity to the next.
We were told to be at Marina at 9:15 for 9:30 departure. Once arrived - told it wouldnt leave until 10. Staff was wonderful. Golf cart tour should be longer. It was weird to go almost all the way back to Cancun to snorkle for 15 mins. Then go all the way back to Island to shop ?? Very strange.
The Albatros Atlantis 2 crew was awesome