Do you want to try SCUBA but you do not want to commit multiple days of your trip to getting certified? Are you interested in diving but you are not sure if it is for you? Then the Discover SCUBA diving experience is what you are looking for
An incredible life changing experience of going for a dive in the Mexican Caribbean, done in the safest, easiest way possible.
The experience begins with a safety briefing and a quick lesson where you and your instructor will go over all the necessary skills and knowledge to participate in this adventure. After this you’ll go on a quick boat ride to a nearby reef to dive under the surface and into a whole new world. You will feel weightless, as is you were flying when you swim amongst thousands of colorful tropical fish and other curious inhabitants of the coral reefs like turtles and rays.
If you have previously participated in a Discover SCUBA diving experience, either with us or anywhere else, we offer the refresher option: a shorter version of the teaching portion, created for people who have already tried SCUBA but have not been certified yet.
This experience is not a SCUBA certification; you will learn only the most basic and will be under the constant and close supervision of a professional instructor.
Plus, with this experience you also get access to the famous Maroma Beach Club to spend your post-dive day relaxing in one of the Riviera Maya’s best beaches.
Monday to Saturday
7:45 am pick ups begin
9:00 am arrival to Maroma Adventures for check-in and course
1:30 pm departure to hotels*
*Optional, you may opt to stay at the beach club, in which case the return to the hotel will be on your own
- Shared transportation
- SCUBA gear rental - mask, regulator, BCD, fins, and weight belt
- Access to Maroma Beach Club facilities
- VHF/GPS submergible radio
- Bilingual SCUBA instructors
- Tax for use of dock - $10 USD paid cash upon check in
- Food and beverages
- Photo services
- Locker rental
- Food and beverage at Maroma Beach Club and Cocotales restaurant
What to bring:
- Bring a comfortable swimsuit, towels, a hat and sunglasses
- Use biodegradable or reef-safe sunscreen, the use of other sunscreens is not permitted
- Bring cash for tips and extras such as souvenirs, drinks or meals.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- This activity is not recommended for people that have mobility limitations, back problems, heart problems, ear problem, high blood pressure or pregnant women. Certain medical conditions may prevent you from participating in this experience, if you suffer from any medical conditions consult your doctor before diving
- Not recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- We follow strict sanitization guidelines for our gear and our facilities
- No refund or discounts if the customer opts out of the transportation service or gear rental