Join us on this half-day tour where you will learn about the Mayan culture visiting archaeological sites very close to your hotel and then enjoy the most beautiful beach in Cancun.
Everyone has heard of the great Mayan cities of Tulum and Chichen Itza, after all, they are two of the most sought after tours offered in the Riviera Maya. But have you heard of the sites in Cancun? Yes, actually in the city! This tour takes you to a less traveled path to visit the archaeological sites of El Meco and El Rey, capping the experience with a visit to the beautiful Playa Delfines, often named one of Mexico’s top 10 beaches. This tour makes for a shorter day than a visit to Tulum or Chichen Itza, making it ideal to spend half of your day and still have time for other activities in the evening.
We will come pick you up to your hotel lobby in comfortable vans for the quick ride over to our first stop, El Meco. Located on the Northern outskirts of Cancún, this site is made up of 17 structures, including a temple that is the tallest Mayan structure in the coastal region. From here we will then make our way to the second site, El Rey; another fascinating settlement located in a quiet corner Cancún’s bustling hotel zone. The small site is surrounded by the mangroves and other vegetation of the area, making it home to a large number of reptiles, like the local iguanas, and birds of many types.
After our visit to these two sites we will cross the street to go to Playa Delfines where you get to enjoy the soft white sand and the crystal-clear waters of one of Cancún’s most beautiful beaches.
- Round trip transportation in A/C equipped vans
- Certified tour guide
- Guided visit and free time at El Meco
- Guided visit and free time at El Rey
- Free time in Playa Delfines
- 2 bottles of water, 1 snack and 1 insect repellent per guest
What to bring:
- Comfortable and breathable clothes and footwear
- Biodegradable, reef friendly sunscreen
- Extra cash for drinks, souvenirs, photography fees at archaeological sites and tips
- Sunglasses and hat
- Swimsuit & change of clothes
- Tour duration: 5 hours approx.
- This tour is available on Tuesday and Thursdays
- Pick up is available in most of hotels in Cancun. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we do not have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available