Dive deep into the storied past and colorful present of the Mayan culture in one extraordinary expedition combining the jaw ping landscapes and rich history of Tulum archaeological site with a visit to the lively Maya community of Pacchén.
Starting with Tulum, a unique site unlike any other Mayan settlement in the area; this small walled city sits atop a cliff on the shores of the Mexican Caribbean, surrounded by palm trees and with the turquoise of the sea as a back. It doesn’t take long to explore this beautiful city and its pristine beach which will give us plenty of time to make it to Pacchén for the next adventure.
This isolated Maya community nestled alongside the spider monkey reserve deep in the jungle offers incredible opportunities of experiencing first hand the lush nature and warm people of the region. Here you also have the chance to enjoy many activities, some more intense than others, like canoeing or kayaking on the local lagoon, walking the jungle trails to see what nature has in stock for you, swimming in the pristine, crystal clear waters of their cenotes or zipping along the zip lines. And because this experience couldn’t be complete without some delicious food, we will wrap up the experience with an exquisite meal of regional food and fresh non-alcoholic drinks.
Pick up at select hotels in Cancún and Riviera Maya
Arrival at the archaeological site site of Tulum or Pacchén (based on daily logistical planning)
Archaeological site of Tulum (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes in this site).
- Guided tour
- Free Time
Transfer to and arrival to the Maya community of Pacchén (3 hrs. approx)
Activities at Pacchén:
- Two zip lines
- Rappel and cenote swim
- Maya ceremony
- Hanging bridge
- Canoeing or kayaking
- Culinary activity
- Semi-open cenote swim
Return to hotels
- Entrance fees
- Regional food meal and water
- Bilingual guide
- Equipment for all activities
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal Expenses
- This expedition will require a level of physical exertion not appropriate for pregnant women, nor for those with serious health issues or
- those who are physically challenged.
- Children may participate if they are aged 6 years and over.
- For safety purposes only action-cams like GoPro strapped to the head or chest are allowed.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Biodegradable insect repellent
- Change of clothes
Refunds and Cancellations:
- Cancellations made 48 hrs before = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs before = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs before = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hrs before = no refund.
- No show = no refund