Live the perfect combination of culture and adventure in the Mayan world, Riviera Maya style. This tour will take you back in time for you to experience the architecture, culture, flora and fauna of the Mayan world and the awe-inspiring cities of Tulum and Coba.
Our first stop will be the legendary Mayan city of Tulum. A walled city that sits atop a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea; the only walled city and coastal city in the Mayan world. From here, our day continues onwards to cenote Dzonot Wayak where you will have time to dip into its cool crystalline waters and also experience some real Mayan traditions.
The first tradition is a demonstration of the Mayan honey; honey produced by the singer-less melipona bees endemic to the Yucatan Peninsula. Followed by a demonstration about cacao that will teach you about the origins and history of this beloved treat; you will also have the opportunity to taste cacao in some of its most ancient and traditional forms. The last stop here is a Mayan purification ceremony led by an authentic local shaman.
After Dzonot Wayak let us pamper you with a buffet of delicious regional cuisine so you can regain your strength in preparation for the last stop of the day: Cobá. We will get a chance to explore the city of Cobá and the lush jungle that envelops it and we’ll climb its great pyramid. A top this pyramid you will have an incredible vantage point over the Mayan jungle that you can’t get anywhere else in the Riviera Maya.
- Transportation in units with A / C
- Bilingual Cultural Guide
- Buffet meal and a bottled drink (water, soda or beer) during the meal.
- Visit to the archaeological zone of Coba and Tulum for 2 hours.
- Demonstration of the honey of the Maya bee "Melipona" and Cocoa.
- Mayan Ceremony
- Visit to the Cenote Dzonot Wayak for 50 minutes
- A bottle of water at the exit of each archeological zone
- Transportation back by tricycle in Cobá
- Video cameras have an additional tax in archeological zones.
- Tours in Spanish and English: Tuesday and Wednesday
- French and Italian: Tuesday and Friday
What to bring
- Comfortable and cool clothing and walking shoes
- Swimming suit and water shoes for the cenote
- Sunglasses and/or a hat
- A towel
- Sunscreen and bug spray (must be biodegradable)
- Some extra cash for souvenirs and tips
- Pick up is available in most of hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we don't have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available
Refunds and Cancellations:
- Cancellations made 48 hrs before = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs before = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs before = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hrs before = no refund.
- No show = no refund
Overall rating: (5 Reviews)