Between the end of October and the first days of November the most entrenched and popular celebrations take place in our territory: the Day of the Dead and Hanal Pixan.
Formerly the Mayans celebrated death in a particular way that is revealed today in the Hanal Pixán ceremony throughout the Yucatan Peninsula. They fired their dead and buried them with symbolic offerings to accompany the journey of souls with food and drinks, rituals and altars.
We will visit the Tres Reyes community, where we will visit the cemetery and the altars exhibition that we will find in the homes of local families.
We will continue the tour visiting the Cenote of Life , where the Mayan celebration will take place, in an environment full of mysticism and ancestral traditions that will frame this magical experience.
Finally we will enjoy delicious dishes and drinks typical of the region.
- Pick up at the hotel or meeting point
- Arrival to the Mayan community of Tres Reyes where we will perform:
- Tour of the altars made by the families living in the community and the cemetery.
- Access to the Cenote of Life.
- Beginning of the show and Mayan ceremony.
- Departure from the Cenote of Life / photo session with shaman.
- Dinner of typical seasonal dishes.
- Return to hotels (10:00 pm approximately)
This tours is available only from Nov 01 to Nov 04.