Between the end of October and the first days of November the most entrenched and popular celebrations take place in our territory: the Day of the Dead and Hanal Pixan.
Formerly the Mayans celebrated death in a particular way that is revealed today in the Hanal Pixán ceremony throughout the Yucatan Peninsula. They fired their dead and buried them with symbolic offerings to accompany the journey of souls with food and drinks, rituals and altars.
We will visit the Tres Reyes community, where we will visit the cemetery and the altars exhibition that we will find in the homes of local families.
We will continue the tour visiting the Cenote of Life , where the Mayan celebration will take place, in an environment full of mysticism and ancestral traditions that will frame this magical experience.
Finally we will enjoy delicious dishes and drinks typical of the region.
- Pick up at the hotel or meeting point
- Arrival to the Mayan community of Tres Reyes where we will perform:
- Tour of the altars made by the families living in the community and the cemetery.
- Access to the Cenote of Life.
- Beginning of the show and Mayan ceremony.
- Departure from the Cenote of Life / photo session with shaman.
- Dinner of typical seasonal dishes.
- Return to hotels (10:00 pm approximately)
This tours is available only from Nov 01 to Nov 04.
- Round transportation
- Bottled water
- Guided tour
- Entrance to the Mayan show and ceremony
- Typical seasonal dinner
- Fresh flavored water
- Available for children over 6 years old
- The participation of people under the influence of alcohol or any toxic substance is not allowed
- Expedition not recommended for pregnant women, people with disabilities and older adults.
- This activity may have some restrictions due to weather or operational conditions.
What to bring
- Comfortable footwear that protects the heel and toes, preferably sports shoes.
- Light clothing
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Extra money to buy handicrafts and photographs
- Biodegradable sunscreen and repellent.
- Pick-up is available for hotels located in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Your pick-up schedule will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we don't have pick-up service for a specific hotel or location, you will be asked to meet us at the nearest meeting point available.
Refunds and Cancellations:
- Cancellations made 48 hrs before = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs before = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs before = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hrs before = no refund.
- No show = no refund