Don't miss the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza during your Cancun vacations; the ancient capital of the Mayan Empire and learn why it has been designated one of the modern wonders of the world.
Explore the most important archaeological zone of Yucatan on a full day guided tour from Cancun. Admire the Kukulcan Pyramid, the Temple of a Thousand Columns, the Majestic observatory, the sacred cenote, the ball court among other amazing buildings and sites.
This tour departs only from Cancun. Travel to Chichen Itza on board of an air-conditioned bus from Cancun equipped with washroom. As you arrive to the archaeological site, the guide will take you through the most important buildings and explain to you the details and history of the place.
The visit to Chichen Itza includes a guided tour of 2.5 hours with time to take pictures. At the end of the tour we go to the restaurant for buffet lunch, followed by the visit of a cenote where guests have the possibility to go for a swim.
Includes lunch, billigual guide and entrances.
- From 07:00 AM a 08:20 AM pick ups (the duration of pick up is depending on the number of hotels we have to pass by)
- 11:00 AM Arrival at Chichen Itza. The total length of the stay on the archeological site is of 3 hours, consisting of one hour and a half of guided tour and one hour and a half of free time to take photos.
- 2:00 PM. Arrival at the restaurant PUEBLO MAYA to enjoy a typical Mexican buffet lunch (salad bar, fruit, lime soup, rice, beans, roasted suckling pig, chicken pibil, dessert) Lunch time is approximately 1 hour.
- 3:30 PM Arrival at Cenote Selva Maya
- 4:30 PM Departure from the cenote to return to the hotels,
- Round trip transportation
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee to archaeological site
- Visit to Cenote Selva Maya
- Buffet lunch
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Gratuities (optional)
What to bring:
- Comfortable lightweight clothing
- Bathing suit
- Good walking shoes or sneakers
- Biodegradable sun block
- Cash for souvenirs and beverages
- Children between 4-11 years old pay children rate. Children under 4 enter free but cannot occupy a seat in the bus.
- This tour is available Daily.
- The use of video camera inside the archaeological site has an additional cost.
- Pick up is available only for hotels located in Cancun. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we dont have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available
The tour and all the locations we stopped were wonderful. I also enjoyed the presentation by the guides, Eduardo and Miguel. The driver was also good.
Great experience and learn a lot
We joined this tour to specifically witness the Descent of Kukulcan at Chichen Itza. Initially, I had concerns that we would not get close enough to the pyramid because the itinerary had us arrive only in the mid afternoon. However, it was a blessing to have the itinerary reversed (cenote visit first, followed by buffet lunch and then guided tour and free time at Chichen Itsa). The day turned somewhat overcast after lunch which was good for touring but risky for viewing the Descent of Kulkucan. Tour guides led respective English and Spanish tours and the English guide was proudly Mayan, very funny and knowledgeable. However, my chief complaint is that had we stayed until the sun had set, we would have had the opportunity to see the Descent of Kukulcan fully realized. It is only on these two days in the spring that this reversed itinerary is offered and it seemed such a shame to not "give us the bang for your buck" so to speak. I would have been happy to start later in order to be able to stay later...
It was a hot day but they did an amazing job of trying to keep us cool and happy! They offered us umbrellas and water to bring inside while we were at Chichen Itza. Throughout the day, there were multiple drinks offered to keep us cool as well. The bus did sometimes feel hot still when we returned from activities. Overall, I would do this tour if I were traveling with someone new :).